Market screen - Buy & Sell function

I cancelled a load of pending order but the order book doesn’t seem to have caught up.

For example I’m sure the Banyan Court lowest ask 60.50 for 16 shares was mine.

I have since cancelled it. It isn’t showing in my pending but is still showing in the order book (I think)

I’ve also just tested it with Wenlock Court, I put in the higher bid price of £27 then cancelled the pending order. It seems to still be showing in the order book.

Great observation! :face_with_monocle: We will have a look.

@ap.scott

So, first off, I’ve had issues with notifications that only seem to come through If I open the app. I’ve had some rental income notifications which don’t actually show up in-app via way of an activity feed of some description.

You actually found an easter egg there! Those were dummy notifications that we created for a fundraising demo. We’ll bring back the notifications with real functionality soon.

The portfolio screen could do with some way of providing better information. At present there’s no profit / loss section and no ability to ascertain whether the property has grown or shrunk in value.
Hope that helps!

Great suggestions, thank you. I agree it’s quite basic at the moment, we’ll definitely add more.

2 Likes

Hey @Rob,

I cancelled a load of pending order but the order book doesn’t seem to have caught up.

For example I’m sure the Banyan Court lowest ask 60.50 for 16 shares was mine.

I have since cancelled it. It isn’t showing in my pending but is still showing in the order book (I think)

The order book section on the property screen was indeed counting cancelled orders.

Nice find!

I fixed the behaviour to correctly ignore cancelled orders.

That’s great work :+1:

Just another quick one though (sorry I feel like pain)

I have just now tried to put a sell order in on Wenlock court for £35. I have 1 share and wanted to match the lowest ask price of £35. I would have expected to see that match but it doesn’t. It goes into pending. As soon as the click out of the confirmation of your pending order page the app crashes.

Not sure of this duplicates at your end?

Cheers

I have the same issue, every single order of mine just goes to pending😊

Ben - Alex

I’ve managed a sort of work around I’ve just purchased all the outstanding “ASK” and set up a new sell for all 9 at a new price.

Beth

You might already be doing this, if you are then you might be having the same issue as me but I think what you need to do is look at the lowest ask price which effectively is the buying price. You need to make a decision to either match that price for it to be a successful order or put on a different price your happy with and your order will just go into pending until someone sells a share at the price your buying yours at. They then in effect purchase it from you. Obviously your buy might never match with a seller

1 Like

@Alpha_Testee Looking at these messages, it’s quite clear that you don’t really like or use limit orders in other stock trading apps.

Q: Would you prefer to have market orders as default and limit orders (current order flow) as secondary in Proptee too?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If no, please tell me what you would like to see as an improvement. :point_down:

I have voted yes. The reason for this is because I would say market orders are the basic standard of all other investment apps. Limit orders many would see as a more advanced feature.

I understand the reasons for using limit orders. I feel I can now confidently use the limit orders and order book on proptee but it has taken several hours of research and YouTube videos for me to get to grips with it.

1 Like

A few things have been going on with the order books over the last few days. A lot of big % changes.

I was going to ask about the orderbook on Beaufort. I can’t seem to sell my shares. It’s saying the lowest ask is 0.13 but the order will not go through. Also when you go into the sell screen it seems to say the lowest price is £13. They do not seem to match up.

We played around with the valuations a bit – testing the matching engine – that’s why you see big % changes. I hope you didn’t lose a lot of money.
We’re redesigning the order book part in the app, as it’s quite confusing. The lowest ask means the lowest sell price of shares. So that’s the minimum people want to sell for.

1 Like

Good job with the latest update. It’s a lot more stable, no unexpected crashes :+1:

2 Likes

Hope everyone here has had a good weekend. Ben and Alex do you still want feedback regarding the app or are you concentrating on other aspects at the moment?

@Rob, We’re concentrating on many things, but your feedback is always helpful. Please keep an eye on the updates we release and let us know what you think.

@Alpha_Testee We’ve realised you cannot add money to your account anymore as we’ve integrated open banking and it’s still in a test mode.

To add money in the app, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Deposit and go through the flow.
  2. Pick NatWest from the banks and then choose Online banking
  3. Insert ‘123456789012’ as your Customer Number and click continue
  4. Enter the other 2 numbers.
    your PIN: 572
    your Password: 436
  5. Select any of the two accounts (Debit Account - Natwest - Rich), scroll down and click Confirm payment.
  6. This will take you back to the app and show your updated account balance.

Let me know if something is not working.

Thanks Everyone! :raised_hands:

That’s great thanks, I’ve noticed that I have a few properties in my portfolio which I think were purchased prior to the update.

Anyway when I go to sell these properties in the market screen, click sell, it then says 0 properties.

On the property information though it does show that I hold the shares in the property.

Not sure if I need to just rest my account or if something more

Hi @Rob, thanks for reporting.

I’ve just looked at your account and I found some orders that were stuck behind the scenes.

This is fixed now, can you please try again? :slight_smile: